When my children were pre-schoolers, they liked watching Barney, and I remember one of the little songs from the show was called “Please and Thank-you.” The song was a lesson and a reminder for children on the importance of saying “Please” and “Thank you”, something that we learned from our moms and dads when we were little as well.
Saying “Please” comes a little easier, as we often find our selves asking or praying for something that we want. But sometimes we forget how important it is to give thanks… Thanksgiving is nearly a week away, and in honor of this I’d like to share a post with you each day, between this Thursday and Thanksgiving Day, about giving thanks.
Preparing these posts has been a blessing for me already, and I hope that you will be blessed too!
Thanks and God Bless.
Posted in Encouragement, Life
- Tagged blessings, Christian, devotion, Faith, friends, God, inspirational, parenting, stories, Thanksgiving
I’m so excited!! I began blogging in January of this year, and I’m happy to say that as of yesterday, there are now 500 fellow bloggers who subscribe to Faithrises. Wow! :)
I can’t stop smiling about it!
Special thanks to all of you. You are truly a blessing to me, and I’m honored and humbled by your support.
God Bless You. – Smiles and Blessings as Always!
Posted in Encouragement, Writer's Corner
- Tagged awards, Christian, devotion, Faith, family, friends, nature, parenting, photography, stories
It’s “Throwback Thursday” and here’s a story that I posted back in the Spring. I hope that it puts a “spring in your step” and a smile on your face today! – Faith
One day last week, my daughter told me that right in the middle of class, her teacher, “thirty-something”, mother of two, did a cartwheel right in the middle of a lesson, and cartwheeled right back to her original position and said, with a great big smile on her face, ” I’ve still got it!“ and the whole class just roared with laughter! I thought to myself, “Wow! How great it must feel to be so free at heart, even in the midst of a busy workday, right in front of a class full of fifth-graders, turning cartwheels!”
For me, this teacher’s exclamation of “I’ve still got it!” implies so much more… It not only speaks of her impressive physical capabilities, but also of her ability to seize the day, enjoy the moment, and keep the “kid” inside alive!
Posted in Insiprational, Throwback Thursdays, Writer's Corner
- Tagged Christian, devotion, education, health, humor, life, nature, parenting, sports, stories
Traffic is usually something we try to avoid, right?… But not here!!! :)
Thank you Nizy, @ nackynice.wordpress.com for nominating me for The Traffic Raiser Award! It’s an honor, and I greatly appreciate it. I love your photos, poetry, and delightful posts! Stop by and pay her blog a visit. You’ll be glad you did!
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you
- Paste the award image anywhere in your blog
- Tell us 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 other bloggers.
- Post a comment on your nominees’ blogs telling them of their nomination
- Leave a comment here, vote for your own and one other.
Seven Facts About Me
- I am a Christian.♥
- I’m a wife and mother, with three children, a son and two daughters. This is a great blessing for me.
- Being a mom is my all time favorite job. :)
- My son is the one who introduced me to blogging. He initially set up my account, and bought me a ” How To” book on blogging, and I’ve been hooked ever since!
- I love music. A few years back, our oldest daughter introduced me to the ipod. It’s my favorite toy!
- I enjoy visiting gardens and museums.
- I have fun with words and writing! “Words with Friends” and Scrabble are my favorite games, and I play a little everyday.
And The Nominees Are… :)
Please stop by and visit these great blogs! I enjoy them and I’m sure you will too.
A great big “thanks” to everyone who follows, “likes”, or comments on this blog. You’re the best! – Faith :)
“There is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humor.”
― Charles Dickens
Posted in Encouragement, Life
- Tagged Christian, family, friends, health, humor, joy, love, parenting, quotes, stress
“Two are better than one.”
Posted in Insiprational, Life
- Tagged Christian, devotion, friends, health, humor, nature, parenting, pets, photography, quotes
“…Pray one for another, that you may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.”
This post is an invitation for prayer requests. You are invited to do any or all of the following 3 things:
1. Post your prayer request under “Leave a comment”
2. Post a word of encouragement for someone
3. Pray for those who have posted a request
My prayer for you is that God will bless you, comfort you, and give you peace. – Amen
Posted in Encouragement, Insiprational
- Tagged Christian, devotion, Faith, family, healing, infertility, life, parenting, prayer, stress