Sometimes when we’ve been praying for something for a very long time, we begin to lose heart, and wonder if the answer will ever come. I know exactly how that feels. I remember praying and praying for God to work a miracle in my life, and sometimes, I felt that God had forgotten about me and my situation. Of course we know that God sees us always, and knows everything about our lives, but still, it is true of us as humans, that we sometimes think that our situation may not be as urgent to God as we would like for it to be.
This is so not true!
At one of my lowest points, the LORD gave me a verse which comforted me and reassured me, and to this day, this verse is very near and dear to my heart. In Isaiah 49:15-16, the Lord says, “Can a mother forget her nursing child?… Yes, she might, but I have not forgotten you… I have you engraved on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me.” This is how I understood what He was saying to me through this verse:
1. “Can a mother forget her nursing child?” – Naturally, the answer to this question would be a resounding, “No.” We all know how attached a mother is to her newborn baby, and so we understand the significance of this question. But…
2. “Yes, she might,” – Although it would seem impossible for a mother to forget or abandon her newborn child, it has happened, as unbelievable as it would seem, sadly, it has been the case for some mothers. But…
3. “I have not forgotten you” – God is saying that His love and care for us is even greater than a mother’s love. Infinitely greater. How so?…
4. “I have you engraved on the palms of my hands” – Here, I pictured the palms of my Savior’s Hands, which still bear the nail scars, pierced for me… And then…
5. “Your walls are continually before me.” – My situation and the circumstances that surround me, are continually before Him!… Oh, Glory to God!!
Here it is in a nutshell…
God loves you, more than you can imagine, He has not forgotten you, and your situation is continually, always, before Him.
Hold on. :)
Great and totally agree with your wonderful post and that is why he has sent his replica in a mother who nurtures and takes care of us just like Him.
“A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.”
Proverbs 25:11 KJV
Thank you for your words of encouragement.
Amen. Thank you, friend.❤
Wonderful mothers are blessed with a special portion of LOVE the perfect gift from the Father above Shalom
Just what I needed to hear! This was Beautifully written and a great reminder! Thanks for sharing! God bless you! ❤
Reblogged this on Echoes of Mercy.