Sometimes when we’ve been praying for something for a very long time, we begin to lose heart, and wonder if the answer will ever come. I know exactly how that feels. I remember praying and praying for God to work a miracle in my life, and sometimes, I felt that God had forgotten about me and my situation. Of course we know that God sees us always, and knows everything about our lives, but still, it is true of us as humans, that we sometimes think that our situation may not be as urgent to God as we would like for it to be. This is so not true!
At one of my lowest points, the LORD gave me a verse which comforted me and reassured me, and to this day, this verse is very near and dear to my heart. In Isaiah 49:15-16, the Lord says, “Can a mother forget her nursing child?… Yes, she might, but I have not forgotten you… I have you engraved on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me.” This is how I understood what He was saying to me through this verse:
1. “Can a mother forget her nursing child?” – Naturally, the answer to this question would be a resounding, “No.” We all know how attached a mother is to her newborn baby, and so we understand the significance of this question. But…
2. “Yes, she might,” – Although it would seem impossible for a mother to forget or abandon her newborn child, it has happened, as unbelievable as it would seem, sadly, it has been the case for some mothers. But…
3. “I have not forgotten you” – God is saying that His love and care for us is even greater than a mother’s love. Infinitely greater. How so?…
4. “I have you engraved on the palms of my hands” – Here, I pictured the palms of my Savior’s Hands, which still bear the nail scars, pierced for me… And then…
5. “Your walls are continually before me.” – My situation and all that surrounds me, is continually before Him!… Oh, Glory to God!!
Here it is in a nutshell…
God loves you, more than you can imagine, He has not forgotten you, and your situation is continually, always, before Him… Hold on. :)
thank u for reminding me
Knowing that God is always mindful of us and our needs can help us through the darkest hours.
Thank you for the encouragement. Isn’t funny at times us humans forget to rely on God,we fret so much. But he is always there for us.Waiting for our return.
Thank you! :)
beautiful and so encouraging ♥
A resounding AMEN!
It’s as if you wrote this for me… Thank you!
THANK YOU SO MUCH I NEEDED THIS . I HAVE BEEN READING THIS EVERYDAY AWESOME MESSAGE!
I’m so glad! Smiles and Blessings to you. :)
That’s great Winnie! God Bless. :)
So encouraging! Thank you!
I’m so glad! Thanks for your comment. :)
Your scripture reminded me of this image I had in my files. I hope you enjoy it. It’s sent especially for you. http://francineinretirement.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/akegd00z1.jpg
BE ENCOURAGE! BE BLESSED!